Friday, December 6, 2013

Atlanta Orvis Shop

I have gotten back into fly fishing and tying so while on a recent trip to Atlanta I high-tailed it over to the local Orvis shop on Peachtree to pick up some necessaries.

My first metro Orvis visit.

Like most Orvis shops, their tying section left much to be desired but had some of the zonker-style things that I was looking for. Also like most Orvis shops they had all of the periphery gear, garb and lifestyle "stuff" attributable to those who fish. (I would love their Mission style fly tying bench.)

That being said the guy in the fly tying department was very helpful. Just the kind of person that I like to talk to behind the fly counter; not too over-the-top with the bro attitude, and not super secretive about what works locally. He was a well traveled fly fisherman who could bend your ear for hours will well crafted stories about "a perfect night," "matching a hatch," and how "that fly will catch fish any day." He was also familiar with northern Michigan waters and had nothing but good things to say about them... but then again, who wouldn't?

So kudos Atlanta Orvis shop. If I ever have to be in Atlanta again I will surely be stopping in.


Shameless GoPro selfie. 

-j

1 comment:

Sharkbytes said...

Sounds like there are some fish in your future.