Sunday, April 12, 2015

Higgledepiggedly

Thursday brought 6-9" to the marquette area. Friday we had a high of 38; the weekend's prospects of pleasant adventure looked grim. Then came Saturday: 55 and sunny with a slight shore breeze. 

I started the morning off searching for some steelhead. I got skunked but it was great being knee deep in the river. 

After splitting a muffin and draining Bany Cakes' coffee urn we headed north on 550 and pulled off into the Harlow Lake parking lot. 

The last time I was here we had several feet of snow on the ground and the the going was kinda slow. 


The sun did a number on the newly fallen snow and turned most of the trail into a creek. We walked on the built up snow berms along the trail. The view from the top was totally worth it though. 


This could be one of my favorite places. I know that it's way too early in my transformation into becoming a Yooper, but it's true. Beautiful views without people.


Very glad to have been able to share such a lovely place with a wonderful person. I drag her all over the place doing silly things that leave us with soggy wet feet and windburned cheeks. If you don't have someone like this then you should keep looking. 


Great weekend outside. 

-j

No comments: