Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Slacking off this weekend

Weekdays are for serious things, meetings, studies, 9-5 commitments and things of that matter. Weekends however, are for fun, and doing whatever you want, or nothing at all!

Last weekend I decided to finally put my haberdashery of a slack-lining kit to the test.

It is nothing more than 40' or so of 1" orange webbing. It's not one of the professional kits, but I didn't really want to dump to much money into a kit before I found out if I liked it.

After watching videos of some guys just hopping on the line and spinning around I thought I was ready for action!


Boy was I wrong. This is a skill that will require some dedicated practice, but it is definitely an activity that I could really get into. The nice thing about it is that it is simple, gives your core a nice workout, does not take up too much space and keeps you outdoors!

We had it out at our bonfire and it was a great time, both for those who tried it and for those who watched us wipe out!

More practice is required, but I welcome it!



After I play around a little more I would like to get a real set up with a 4:1 mechanical advantage, some carpeting for the tree and anchors, but I am taking this one step at a time.

-J

No comments: